Disney Has Strict Rules For Cinema Chains Screening Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is expected to be the biggest movie to be out in 2018.

With a movie being in huge demand, Disney has laid some rules that American cinema chains have to follow in order for the film to gross as much money as possible.

As reported by The Wall Street Journal (via Heroic Hollywood), there are many rules that Disney wants cinemas to follow. First of all, Disney wants 65 percent of ticket revenue earned by Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

This is a new high from a Hollywood studio. This means cinemas will only receive the remaining 35 percent of revenue earned by the mega movie.

Another decree from Disney is for the film to be shown at the "largest auditorium" possible for a minimum of four weeks.

This means you are likely to see lots of session times for the film to be shown on IMAX screens. Disney wants Star Wars to be the main movie to dominate the Holiday season.

If cinema chains do not follow these rules, they will receive a 5 percent penalty from ticket revenue earned.

This means Disney will take 70 percent of ticket revenue leaving only 30 percent for the actual cinema chain. This is huge compared to the more modest 50 percent revenue split from other movies and studios.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is going to earn a lot of money so cinema chains and Disney are likely going to have a mutual agreement on the terms.

It's going to earn lots of money for both parties considering Star Wars: The Force Awakens grossed over $2 billion worldwide back in 2015. The Last Jedi is expected to do similar numbers.

Wanna read more on this? Check these out: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Set To Dominate The Christmas Box Office Weekend (more); Reasons Why Star Wars: The Last Jedi Is Both A Good And Bad Movie (Spoilers) (more); A New User Poll Shows A More Positive Reception Towards Star Wars: The Last Jedi (more); Hot Toys Unveils General Leia Action Figure From Star Wars: The Last Jedi (more).

And here are some more related articles: How The Ending Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi Sets Up Events For Episode IX (Spoilers) (more); Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-ray To Have Several Minutes Worth Of Deleted Scenes (more); Star Wars: The Last Jedi Lights The Box Office On Fire This Weekend (more).

A few more: Audiences And Critics Have Divisive Opinions On Star Wars: The Last Jedi (more); Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Is The Best Blockbuster Of 2017 (more).

Disney/Lucasfilm