Throughout the years, the Harry Potter films have continued to stand as a staple in the entertainment business. J.K. Rowling and her muggle counterparts still provide new writing and features to this day, and no one is complaining about it.
The actors in the films also remain to be popular. From Daniel Radcliffe's roles in new movies to Emma Watson spearheading campaigns as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, Harry Potter fans are right by their sides cheering them on.
But, just how much are these celebrities worth? How much money did these individuals rack up during the films? Here is a list of the net worth of twelve of our favorite Harry Potter actors:
1. J.K. Rowling: $1 Billion: She didn't act in the films, but she made the magic happen. Rowling is obviously known for her Harry Potter novels and her role in movie production. She is a beloved figure and role model for millions of people, and is the first author in the world to achieve a net worth of $1 billion.
2. Daniel Radcliffe: $110 Million: Radcliffe, who played Harry Potter, is known to have the largest net worth out of his two co-actors, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. Since the films, Radcliffe has continued to perform on and off the stage including The Woman in Black and Victor Frankenstein (post-production).
3. Emma Watson: $60 million: Since her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, Watson has continued to act and serve as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador. Watson is now known for spearheading the campaign HeForShe, which focuses on gender equality.
4. Rupert Grint: $50 million: By playing Ron Weasley in the films, Rupert earned a net worth of $50 million. Nowadays, Grint is involved in a number of charitable causes and performs on Broadway in "It's Only a Play."
5. Tom Felton: $35 million: After playing the character of Draco Malfoy in the films, Felton has continued on his acting career and has dabbled in singing as well. Since the films he has starred in television series Murder in the First as Erich Blunt and is involved in a post-production film, Clavius.
6. Ralph Fiennes: $30 million: After playing He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in the films, Fiennes has also starred in Clash of the Titans, Skyfall and The Grand Budapest Hotel. He is currently working on a few movies due for 2016.
7. Alan Rickman: 16 million: As an actor Rickman is known for many other roles aside from Professor Severus Snape. He is known for his roles in Sweeney Todd, Love Actually, and voice as the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland.
8. Maggie Smith: $16 million: Aside from her role as Professor Minerva McGonagall, Smith is a widely esteemed actress known for her role as Jean Brodie in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Since Harry Potter, Smith can be seen playing the character Violet Crawley in the television series Downtown Abbey and as Muriel Donnelly in The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2015).
9. Michael Gambon: $15 million. After stepping in as Professor Albus Dumbledore in the films, Gambon accumulated a net worth of $15 million. Gambon is widely known throughout the entertainment world for his roles in The Singing Detective, Sleepy Hollow, and The King's Speech.
10. Matthew Lewis: $10 million. After playing Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter series, Lewis has been involved in five-part television series The Syndicate and two on-stage performances.
11. Bonnie Wright: $12 million: Wright played the character Ginny Weasley in the films, and has starred in After the Dark (2013) and wrote and directed a short film called Separate We Come, Separate We Go. Wright can also be found in a number of fashion magazines.
12. Evanna Lynch: $4 million: After playing Luna Lovegood in the films, Lynch is spending her time as an advocate for promoting a healthy body image in young women and modeling. She has appeared on the cover of a "Runway" magazine. She also works with Ireland's Multiple Sclerosis Society and promotes same-sex marriage rights.